October 25-26, 2019
Crowne Plaza, Fredericton
Atlantic Regional Council (ARC)
Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW)
ARC was formed in 1988 to help improve communication, cooperation, and friendship among CFUW clubs in the four Atlantic Provinces, and to promote the policies and programs of CFUW.
Organizational meetings were held in Truro in 1987, and in March 1988 in Sackville, NB. The CFUW Atlantic Regional Council inaugural meeting was held in Wolfville in October 1988 with 16 Clubs represented. The CFUW Vice President Atlantic is the President of the Council, with Regional Directors (one for each of NS, NB, NL and PEI) and a Secretary-Treasurer forming the Executive.
The purpose of CFUW ARC is:
- To facilitate communication and cooperation of the clubs of the Atlantic Region
- To encourage and initiate studies on matters of mutual concern in the region
- To promote an understanding of provincial, regional and national issues and their implications through dialogue among member clubs
- To promote the policies and programs of CFUW, and
- To cooperate with other organizations on issues consistent with CFUW policies